On Tuesday, 29 March, 2016 at 11:00 am
in room 630 of the LOB, the Codes Committee will take up for discussion, in addition to A02391
I sent out earlier today, another 8 firearm legislation bills. See below for bill numbers and their summation.
The Jefferson – Lewis Chapter of S.C.O.P.E. recommends that members call the members of the Assembly Codes Committee and their Assembly representative and let them know your position on these bills.
One bill (A06524
) is sponsored by Assemblyman Blankenbush from Lewis County. His bill calls for amending the penal law in relation to pistol permit applications for military personnel to be acted upon within 90 days
– creates a process for the issuance of a temporary permit to carry or possess a firearm for persons who are not residents of NYS; provides an affirmative defense to possession of a loaded firearm by certain persons/provides for reciprocity for persons licensed in other states.
– An act to amend the penal law in relation to authorizing the transfer of certain weapons from an estate to an immediate family member of the decedent’s family. SCOPE supports this bill.
– An act to amend the penal law in relation to increasing penalties for criminal use of a firearm in the first degree when committing a drug related felony offense.
– an act to repeal certain provisions of chapter 1 of the laws of 2013 amending the criminal procedure law and other laws relating to the suspension and revocation of firearms licenses. SCOPE supports this bill.
– An act to amend the penal law in relation to permitting active duty, off duty or retired law enforcement officers to possess a firearm on school grounds, and to permit such officers to carry more than 7 rounds of ammunition. This bill as no same as bill.
– Provides that restrictions regarding the carrying of concealed weapons and licenses therefore shall be by statue only. This bill as a same as Senate bill of S02614-A. SCOPE supports this bill.
– An act to amend the penal law in relation to pistol permit applications for military personnel, to act upon within 90 days
). THIS BILL IS SPONSORED BY ASSEMBLYMAN BLANKENBUSH. SCOPE supports this bill.